Although June is designated as National Safety Month, the Southeastern Carpenters Training Trust Fund makes safety a priority every day of the year.
Union carpenters are known for their attention to safety on a job site, and that's because we invest in our members by giving them relevant, real-life safety training throughout their entire career. A Southeastern carpenter or Southern States millwright understands that safe work means:
- personal accountability - specially when no one is watching
- responsibility to others
- understanding the owner's safety expectations of the project
- identifying and calling attention to unique hazardous or unsafe factors
- safe performance
- safe behavior in and around the hot work areas
- safe task completion
- maintaining current safety, human performance, first-aid, and OSHA qualifications
- effective communication with co-workers and supervisors during dangerous tasks
Our safe work product is our edge. It plays a big role in keeping our members employed and our employers in-demand.
It's safety month - it's a great time to check your cards and make sure you're good to go.